Although Stichting Vrienden op de Fiets is a large organisation, it functions much like a family. This is only possible when everybody observes our house rules.
What to expect? As Friend, I am aware that:
- I stay with a private host, not at a Bed & Breakfast or hotel.
- My guest address has its own house rules, which I respect and follow.
- I can count on a made up bed of good quality and normal dimensions.
- I will sleep in a fire-safe room -with window- that is accessible via permanent stairs.
- I may use a shower and toilet, private or shared with members of the family.
- I will be given the use of clean towels.
- I can park my bicycle in a lockable bicycle shed.
- I can count on a breakfast in the morning.
- I can stay overnight for the special Friends' price upon showing a valid Friend card, and that my card is also valid for the person with whom I live together, children up to the age of 18 that still live at home and (great) grandchildren When I travel with friends, we each need our own card.
What do guest addresses expect of you? As Friend:
- I arrive by cycle or on foot (skaters or canoers are also welcome and any other travellers using their own muscle power)
- I do obviously not arrive by car, unless my host agrees beforehand that I can make their place the starting point of my biking or hiking trip.
- I do arrive in the afternoon and do depart in the early morning (after an early breakfast).
- I enquire beforehand whether it would be possible to stay longer when I participate in, for example, a four-day biking or hiking event.
'Vrienden op de Fiets is made for people who consider friendship two-sided and are doing their best to make a stay a nice encounter'.
- I always mention my Friend number, name and address when making a reservation.
- I discuss the desired arrival and departure times beforehand, as well as any special requests such as bringing children or pets.
- I always show my Vrienden op de Fiets card and proof of identity on arrival.
Prices and possible extras
- I pay my guest address for the overnight stay.
- Overnight stay per person, including breakfast: €22.50
- Overnight stay per child up to 12 years old: €12.50
- Cancellation less than 24 hours prior to arrival: €11,25
All prices are exclusive tourist tax, a local tax that varies per municipality. This tax can amount to as much as €4,50 per person per night.
Some hosts may offer something extra like, for instance, a packed lunch. The following target prices apply:
Charging e-bike: €0.50
Packed lunch: €5
In case of a disappointment
Is your stay a real disappointment? Try to solve the problem together. On the spot. In general, the foundation can do very little to solve disagreements, especially afterwards. Do you feel that your guest address flouts all our rules? Please call or mail our help desk.
Enjoy your trip!
Notice: Memberships from all over the world are valid from 1 January till 31 December and will end automatically at the end of the year. Exception: memberships for the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany will continue unless they are canceled before the 1st of December.