Although Stichting Vrienden op de Fiets is a large organisation, it functions much like a family. This is only possible when everybody observes our house rules.
What to expect? As Friend, I am aware that:
- I stay with a private host, not at a Bed & Breakfast or hotel.
- My guest address has its own house rules, which I respect and follow.
- I can count on a made up bed of good quality and normal dimensions.
- I will sleep in a fire-safe room -with window- that is accessible via permanent stairs.
- I may use a shower and toilet, private or shared with members of the family.
- I will be given the use of clean towels.
- I can park my bicycle in a lockable bicycle shed.
- I can count on a breakfast in the morning.
- I can stay overnight for the special Friends' price upon showing a valid Friend card, and that my card is also valid for the person with whom I live together, children up to the age of 18 that still live at home and (great) grandchildren When I travel with friends, we each need our own card.
What do guest addresses expect of you? As Friend:
- I arrive by cycle or on foot (skaters or canoers are also welcome and any other travellers using their own muscle power)
- I do obviously not arrive by car, unless my host agrees beforehand that I can make their place the starting point of my biking or hiking trip.
- I do arrive in the afternoon and do depart in the early morning (after an early breakfast).
- I enquire beforehand whether it would be possible to stay longer when I participate in, for example, a four-day biking or hiking event.
'Vrienden op de Fiets is made for people who consider friendship two-sided and are doing their best to make a stay a nice encounter'.
- I always mention my Friend number, name and address when making a reservation.
- I discuss the desired arrival and departure times beforehand, as well as any special requests such as bringing children or pets.
- I always show my Vrienden op de Fiets card and proof of identity on arrival.
Prices and possible extras
- I pay my guest address for the overnight stay.
- Overnight stay per person, including breakfast: €22.50
- Overnight stay per child up to 12 years old: €12.50
- Cancellation less than 24 hours prior to arrival: €11,25
All prices are exclusive tourist tax, a local tax that varies per municipality. This tax can amount to as much as €4,50 per person per night.
Some hosts may offer something extra like, for instance, a packed lunch. The following target prices apply:
Charging e-bike: €0.50
Packed lunch: €5
In case of a disappointment
Did your stay not meet your expectations? Do you have a complaint? The best way to solve problems is by finding a mutually acceptable solution. Has this failed? Please call or mail our help desk.
Enjoy your trip!
Notice: Memberships from all over the world are valid from 1 January till 31 December and will end automatically at the end of the year. Exception: memberships for the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany will continue unless they are canceled before the 1st of December.