Rules of play for lodging addresses
Although Stichting Vrienden op de Fiets is a large organisation, it operates much like a family. As a result, it has certain rules that everyone follows – for example, for reservations, prices, payment and transport.
The overnight addresses are private addresses that offer one or more beds. They are not commercial bed & breakfast establishments.
When reservations are made, always ask for the donor’s number and address details. You should agree on the desired arrival and departure times, along with any special requests involving pets or children.
Guest addresses charge the following prices:
- Bed and breakfast: €19.00 per person, per night (excluding tourist tax). Children up to 12 years old: € 9,50 per child, per night.
- The tourist tax varies per municipality, but is usually between €0.50 and €2.00.
- Lunch packet (optional): maximum €5.00 per person.
- Hot meal (optional): maximum €9.00.
- Maximum of € 9.50 per person, per day reserved if canceled less then 24 hours before arrival.
- Charging an electric bicycle: €0.50.
On arrival, ask guests to show their donor’s card with proof of identity. Couples who live together, children who live at home up to the age of 18 years and (great) grandchildren may stay overnight on a single donor’s card.
A guest address offers donors the following services:
- A clean accommodation;
- Made-up beds of good quality and normal dimensions;
- A fire-safe room, accessible by permanent stairs;
- Windows that open;
- Use of a shower and toilet, private or shared with other family members;
- A lockable, preferably covered bicycle shed.
In principle, donors only make a reservation for one night. In consultation, you can decide whether they may stay longer, for example, if the donor is taking part in a four-day bicycle or walking event.
Donors pay the cost of an overnight stay directly at the guest address.
Overnight stays via Vrienden op de Fiets are only possible when linked to a bicycle or walking tour or otherwise to tours that do not require motorised transport.